When you are chronically ill, and you don’t know how you are going to feel from day to day, you need to save your energy for the important things that only you can do.
There are many ways to get things done without stressing yourself into a flare up or crash. Here are some of the things I do for myself.
- Hire a cleaning service when the dust bunnies are bigger than your cat, and when you can write notes in the dust on your furniture.
- Hate grocery shopping? Knocks you out? Call Peapod, or similar shopping service to shop for you and deliver everything to your door.
- Teach your sons to iron…or give them directions to the dry cleaners.
- Crock pot…need I say more? Easy peasy and good dinners.
- Need to buy a gift but don’t have the energy to go shopping? Internet it Baby! You can get anything on the internet, and they will deliver it to that special person too!
- Fleece sheets. If you don’t have any, you need them. And down pillows. A must-have. If you don’t feel good you might as well be wrapped in fleece and down.
- My biggest guilty pleasures? Strawberry Pop-Tarts! And Diet Pepsi!